Saturday 27 December 2014

Week 49: Christmas Week Oak

Just a short post this week. I swapped the grey gloom of Hemel for the grey gloom of Warwick on Tuesday, heading off to feast with family over Christmas. However, I did explore Box Moor briefly on Monday in the mild (12 deg C) but overcast, dark and windy conditions.

I started at Lower Roughdown and then walked up and out onto Further Roughdown, where there were 14 Magpies, 8 Mistle Thrushes, 4 Redwing and both a Green and Great Spotted Woodpecker.

Late morning, I arrived at Dellfield where there were more thrushes feeding on the ground: 5 Redwing, 3 Mistle Thrushes and a single Fieldfare. There was little I could do about the lack of light so I went for a close up of the Oak this week, with its exposed winter branches.



I had a bit of a play in photoshop, with the aim of bringing out the textures and shapes… 


Next week we'll be into a new year…!

No comments: